- Birthday1st Dec, 35
- Birth PlaceUnited States
- Marital statusMarried
- The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have.
- I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
- If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative.
- Sex without love is a meaningless experience, but as far as meaningless experiences go its pretty damn good.
- I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.
Did you know?
- He ranked #43 in Empire (UK) magazines Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time list in October 1997.
- He has described himself as being a "militant Freudian atheist".
- He has been nominated 24 times and won four Academy Awards: three for Best Original Screenplay and one for Best Director (Annie Hall)
- He is nine times British Academy of Film and Television Arts Awards winner.
- He is a jazz clarinetist performer at small venues in Manhattan.
Family & relationships
- Ronan Farrow Son
Manhattan town house
Woody Allen’s Manhattan town house is an old American styled house of the 1960s, which he got redecorated according to his wife Soon-Yi Previn's taste. This acclaimed filmmaker bought this house in 2004, and the estimated price of the property is around $23 Million. The house is described to be as an American and English country style with a very soulful, forever feeling.
Location: Woody Allen’s house is located in the middle of Lenox Hill, Manhattan.
Accommodation: The house is built over a 6,000 square foot area and has large open garden in front. The house has a master bed room apart from the fully furnished guest rooms.
Features: The house has a well decorated living room with little every touch of detail. The entrance to the house is decorated with Woody Allen’s showpieces and this appeal to the aesthetic sense of the viewer. The living room has gigantic sofa sets and wall hangings lending the area an antique feel. The house has a mixture of modern and contemporary artifacts and art work as well as paintings depicting Minnie and Mickey Mouse. Old furniture highlight the beauty of the house and the old leather chair sets deepen the mood of the house.
The house is richly decorated with marble and the master piece of the house is the two velvet chairs which lie in the second floor room. The house is very spacious but has no halls, there are plenty of rooms and all of them are interconnected. The master bed room is quite simple and is bohemian in character. The art work is 19th century and the furniture is mostly antique. The house has a fully stocked library which also houses the director’s study. Woody Allen still has his type writer on the study table and he uses it to write the screen plays, scripts or other longhand documents. The veteran actor / director still do not use a computer. The house also has a decorated kitchen with a small lawn in front of the property.
The master bedroom
Second floor living hall
The living hall
St. Francis Food Pantries and Shelters
St. Francis Food Pantries and Shelters serve the needy families of New York City and cater to almost 9000 families on a weekly basis. The organization tends to nearly 25 districts of the great City and serves almost 1.5 million people per year. The organization runs drop in centers, safe havens, soup kitchens and shelters for the needy apart from providing free clothing and toiletries. Woody Allen has been involved with the organization for quite some time and he is one of the regular donors of the trust. The St. Francis Food Pantries and Shelters have a dedicated staff base and these people work tirelessly to support the increasing client list.
The Doe Fund
The Doe Fund aims to help people get back to mainstream life. The dedicated group of people involved with the organization work together to empower people to lead their own lives. The needy, homeless and drug addicts are taken care of and are taught ways by which they can support themselves and their families. The group functions mostly on donations and Woody Allen has been an active donor since the group formed in late 1985. The actor/director has been actively involved in its functioning and has also hosted many charity events for the organization.